Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Girls Rule- PTU Tut



This is my first tutorial so go easy on me :)

Supplies:
PSP: I use PSP9 but any version should work.

Scrapkit: I am using Lookout Weekend by Amy over at Amy & Leah's Gimptastic Tuts. You can purchase it here.

Tube of Choice: I am using Toon 3 by Joe Cano. I bought this tube at PSP Tubes Emporium, but they are now closed:( You can now find his work at Scraps and the City. You must have a license to use his work!

Mask of Choice: I'm using WSL Mask 84.

Font of Choice: I used Shadows in the Light.

Plugins: Penta.com Color Dot and Penta.com Jeans

Ok, Let's get started!

Open new canvas 600X600.
Copy and paste frame 3. Resize 85% all layers unchecked.
Use your magic wand and select inside one of the 3 frames. Selections-Modify-Epand by 5.
Paste the paper of choice as a new layer. Ctrl+Shift+I on your keyboard then press delete.
Deselect. 
Repeat for the other 2 frames. I used papers 5,6 and 7.
Copy and paste your tube in the far right frame. Arrange it so the head is sticking out. 
Move below the frame layer.
Drop shadow. I used these settings on everything. 1, 2, 50, 5, black
Use the eraser tool to erase everything sticking out of the frame EXCEPT the head.
Select all. Use your selection tool and click on the tube. Selections- Defloat.
Select your frame layer. Grab your eraser tool and erase the part of the frame going across the head.
Deselect.
Copy and paste your tube again. Mirror then move into the far left frame.
Move below the frame layer.
Drop shadow and erase everything outside of the frame.
Effects- Penta Color Dot. Change the value to 20.
Change the blend mode to Luminance (Legacy).
Copy and paste your close up tube. Move it into position in the bottom frame. 
Move below the frame layer.
Erase everything outside of the frame.
Effects- Penta Jeans. Change the amount to 15.
Change the blend mode to Luminance (Legacy).
Copy and paste  paper of choice. Move it right above your background layer in your layer palette. I used paper 6.
Apply your mask.
Resize by 90% all layers unchecked.
Add any elements you want. I used the following:
Label 1
Flower1,2 and 3- resize 65%
Glitter Paint 1,2 and 3
HeartRainbow- free rotate left 20 degrees

I drop shadowed everything except the Glitter Paint.
Use your crop tool and crop merged opaque. 
Resize now if you plan on it.
Add name and copyright.
Save as a .png amd you're done!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. If you have any suggestions or feedback please let me know. I'm new to this, so I'll take all the help I can get!

I would love to see your results! If you would like to share just send them to me: sherenassweettreats@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. GREAT Tutorial! Can't wait to fiddle around with it!
    Got to find an FTU kit tho. LOL!

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete