Monday, May 21, 2012

FTU Tut- Glamorous #1


A few of my friends got together for a collab. The kits ROCK! So, I decided to use each part and create an FTU tut. First up is Amy's part. You can grab her part and find out where to get the rest at Amy & Leah's Gimptastic Tuts. This tut is very simple. 

Supplies needed:
PSP (I use PSP9 but any version should do.)
Kit of Choice- I used Amy's part of the Glamorous Collab here
Tube of Choice- I used Talia by Jamie Kidd. You can find her work Creative Design Outlet here. Please do not use her work without the proper license!
Mask of Choice- I used Vix Mask 171. You can find it here.
Font of Choice- I am using I'm fashionista! here

Let's get started!

Open new canvas size 600X600
Copy & paste frame 3 as a new layer
Resize 75% all layers unchecked
Copy & paste frame 2 as a new layer
Duplicate
On original layer resize 78% all layers unchecked
On duplicate layer resize 72% all layers unchecked 
Merge the two together and move below the black frame
Merge all frames together
Copy & paste paper 3 as a new layer
Select inside frame and expand by 5
On paper layer invert delete
Deselect

Add any elements you want
I used the following:
bottle resize 80%
feather1 resize 45%
duplicate mirror move into position
cell resize 75% free rotate 25% left

Copy & paste paper 9 and move to bottom
Apply mask

Copy & paste closeup tube below frame
Erase all of the tube showing below the frame
Copy & paste tube above cell
Free rotate 25% left
Select screen of cell expand by 1
On tube layer invert delete
Deselect
Change opacity to 45
Merge down

Add drop shadow to everything except the paper and mask
I used these settings:
V:1 H:2 Opacity:55 Blur:5 Black

Select tube layer
Select all
Use selection tool and click on tube
Selections>defloat
Select frame layer
Erase part of frame going across tube's head
Deselect 
Merge visible
 
Resize now if you want
Add name & copyright
Save as .png

I would love to see your results! If you would like to share just send them to me: sherenassweettreats@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment